In addition to the famous Barcelona Card I am talking about on this page, I want to present another tourist pass that was born relatively recently, more precisely in 2016.
It is of 'Online Barcelona City Pass and it is a tourist pass structured in a very different way than the other pass.
What the Barcelona City Pass includes
- Skip-the-line ticket for the Sagrada Familia (you can also take the pass with the entrance to the towers): € 15;
- Skip-the-line ticket for Park Guell: € 7;
- Tour in autobus hop-on hop-off per 24 o 48 ore (€26,10 o €35,10);
- return transfer from Barcelona airport (by the aerobus) or one-way transfer from Girona airport: 10,20.
Total cost of attractions without pass: € 58,30 (bus for one day / € 67,30 bus for two days).
City Pass cost
- City Pass with tourist bus for one day: € 69,50
- City Pass with tourist bus for two days: € 79,50
So where is the convenience you will say?
Seen this way, in fact it seems that you are paying almost € 7 more, for the sole (great) convenience of doing with a single purchase, the tickets that allow you to skip the line in the most popular attractions of Barcelona.
Wait: there is also economic savings: convenience is given by the fact that purchasing the pass entitles you to a 20% discount on many attractions including:
- 20% discount on the Hola BCN pass (public transport pass);
- 20% on all major museums;
- 20% on all major attractions, such as. Casa Mila, Casa Batllo and the visit to the Camp Nou;
- 20% discount on bike rental;
- 20% discount on excursions such as Montserrat, Costa Brava, Portaventura.
Skip the lines
One of the most important advantages in addition to the economic savings is that by already having tickets for the Sagrada Familia and Park Guell, you will not have to do them when you are in Barcelona, which saves a lot of time.
Buy the Barcelona City Pass
How the City Pass works
At the time of purchase you must choose:
1. the day of arrival in Barcelona;
2. at which airport you will land;
3. the duration of the Tourist Bus (if one or two days).
You can also choose to buy the Barcelona City Pass with the only one entrance to the basilica of the Sagrada Familia or even to the Passion and Nativity towers (here the City Pass with the entrance to the towers).
After making the various choices, including the number of passes, click on the buy button and you find yourself on the payment page.
Here you will have to enter your personal information and choose the type of payment you prefer.
In addition to the main credit cards (Visa and Mastercard) it is possible also pay with PayPal!
After the payment you have to wait tickets that will arrive by email within 24 hours.
In Barcelona you won't have to collect anything!
It is a pass that is managed entirely online and as such can only be purchased on the web, unlike the Barcelona Card, which can also be bought (even if only at full price) in Barcelona.
In Barcelona (at the airport or at the tourist office in Placa Catalunya) you will only have to collect the Hola BCN Card, the transport pass, provided you decide to buy it (find out when and if it is convenient).
How to take advantage of the 20% discount on attractions
After you have purchased the Barcelona City Pass online you will receive a 20% discount code for the attractions I have listed above.
The discount code must of course be used on the Ticket Bar website and the attractions must take place within 5 days from the date of your arrival in Barcelona (the one you indicated at the time of purchase).
How long is the Barcelona City Pass valid?
Unlike other passes such as the Barcelona Card which you choose its duration at the time of purchase, you have no time limits for the use of tickets.
However, it is mandatory to be able to issue tickets, indicate the dates for visiting the Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell.
As I wrote in the paragraph above, 5 are the days you have at most to visit the attractions purchased with a 20% discount.
The pass can be purchased up to 3 days from the date of arrival, so that Ticket Bar has the material time to issue tickets.