Ferrari Land is the new theme park of PortAventura World, which opened its doors to the public on April 7, 2021. After the opening of Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi, the brand has reached another agreement for the development of a second theme park, this time in Spain. The area has an initial size of 60,000 square meters, for a total investment of approximately 100 million euros.
The Ferrari Land model was presented at the Montmeló circuit in Barcelona, simultaneously with the Formula 1 grand prix. Another model has been on view in the Mediterranía area of Port Aventura Park since July 2016.
Ferrari Land attractions
The accelerator is destined to break 2 records, becoming the highest and fastest roller coaster in Europe: passengers will experience an acceleration from 0 to 180 km / h in just 5 seconds, equivalent to 1,35 G, able to reproduce the sensations experienced in a Formula 1 single-seater. Immediately afterwards, they are pushed vertically up to height of 112 meters, and then swoop down with an inclination of 90 °.
Other attractions in Ferrari Land
- Bounce Towers: two launch and drop towers 55 meters high;
- F1 circuit: a racing circuit suitable for the whole family, with small reproductions of the single-seaters.
- Simulators: 8 driving simulators complete with hydraulic system for the reproduction of the interior of the cabs of a Formula 1 car, 6 will be for adults and 2 for children;
- restaurants: several restaurants are planned within the Ferrari Land, of which the main one will be an Italian trattoria;
- Thematic area: the Italian part of the park will have reproductions of famous monuments, such as the Colosseum, La Scala, Palazzo Vecchio or the bell tower of San Marco - the latter seems to be a thing of the Catalans, as two other reproductions of the bell tower are located in Plaça de Espanya in Barcelona, in front of the Font Màgica;
- Shops: official Ferrari-branded products will be on sale. The main store will have a design inspired by the original Enzo Ferrari factory;
- Ferrari Experience: the central building of the park continues to be a mystery that will probably be revealed only on the opening day.
How to get to Ferrari Land
Ferrari Land is a separate area of PortAventura. The park is located in Salou, near Tarragona, about an hour away from Barcelona.
Ferrari Land will have the same opening hours as PortAventura. For more information you can consult the complete timetable of the Park.