All holiday dates in Spain are pending confirmation, and/or may be changed or cancelled due to the current situation caused by covid.
Although quite rainy, the month of October in Barcelona offers mild temperatures and many opportunities for fun.
Here are the events that will make your trip to Barcelona richer, if you decide to visit it in October:
- Free (from 3 to 5 October) - is the international fair dedicated to books in Spanish, held every two years and alternating between the cities of Madrid and Barcelona. This year it's up to Barcelona to host it. If you are passionate about Spanish literature and are in the city during this period, do not miss the opportunity to visit it;
- Tottenham VS FC Barcelona (October 3) - Champions League match;
- Feast of the Roser (from 5 to 11 October) - la Avenue, in October, it is the protagonist, with its traditional Roser Festival. On the occasion of the anniversary of the Mare de Deu del Roser, the famous Barcelona street is dressed up and filled with initiatives. One of the many are the guided visits to some of the buildings that overlook it;
- Barcelona Boat Show - Salon Nautico (from 10 to 14 October) - the prestigious Boat Show of the city of Barcelona returns in Port Vell, in the heart of the city, with over 300 national and international exhibitors that will exhibit 700 boats and a rich program to accompany the exhibition;
- The National Holiday of Spain (October 12) - October 12, in Barcelona and Spain, is a national holiday. On this day it is customary to remember The discovery of America by Cristoforo Colombo in 1492;
- Caravaning Barcelona (from 12 to 21 October) - the 33rd edition of this international fair, held every two years, entirely dedicated to the world of campers, caravans and caravans. Lovers of travel in total freedom, in contact with nature, will have the opportunity to see 500 different vehicles and take part in the activities organized as part of the event;
- 48 h Open House Barcelona (17 and 18 October) - this is an international level event, held for the first time in 2010, which aims to make people aware of the world of architecture, opening the doors of some of the most beautiful buildings in the city. For the 2018 edition they will be well 200 buildings that will be open to the public and you can visit them;
- Mediterranean Marathon (October 28) - la 14 edition of the famous team race of 5, 10 and 21 kilometers. Departure and arrival are at Olympic Channel of Catalonia;
- Market Market (from 19th to 21st October) - if you are a lover of good food and you are in Barcelona during this period, you cannot miss the opportunity to visit this market, where you can find all the best typical gastronomic products of the region.
Other events not to be missed
I also want to point out a couple of events that are held in nearby Sitges that you absolutely cannot miss:
- International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia (from 4 to 14 October) - an unmissable event for all fans of fantastic cinema and terror, it is the first film festival in Spain, which this year blows out 51 candles;
- Sitges Wine Festival (6 and 7 October) - the traditional Grape Harvest Festival, or Festa de la Verema, held every year since 1961, is ready to return with its traditional Mostra de Vins.